Wednesday, July 8, 2009

WEEK 6: Creating Me on YOUTUBE

I am so glad it is Week Six. I really enjoy the class, but it is really difficult for me to keep up and maintain what I have learned.

This week I signed into a Webcast that I learned about through my Learning Center Assistance list serve. (A List serve might be considered a SNS for people of the same profession. )
The Webcast was given by two Canadian educators and over 200 people logged in. One could view who had logged in, eventually, there was a thumbnail photo of the two speakers and a screen where participants could write comments. This comment space was intriging, as it seemed more like a place to "pass notes". About 75% of the time, Participants were making comments unrelated to what the speaker was saying!! At one point, even one of the speakers was writing a comment as he was talking to all 200+ participants (we could hear the key clicking). It was easy to sign in to participate and another new experience in technology. Thanks for taking this class,I was impressed that I could understand what the speakers were talking about! Great to be able to connect with so many educators from around the world in one hour. I do think we need to really use the time to focus on one topic and save the social contacts for "after class". Am I a dinosaur?? What do you think?

Then, we had the YouTube assignment. Well, Tina, Lori, Linda and I couldn't figure out where to start. With some help, we learned by Tuesday. I went home to recored using my iMAC only to discover that my video wouldn't sync with my audio. I tried downloading MP3, but that didnt' seem to work. I did get the video made. I wrote a poem and dedicated it to YOU, my awesome classmates and instructors, who have prevailed with me throughout the course. I did post it on my wiki, but here it is (I hope) for you so see in my blog. I'll try below!




Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I had the same problem with the voice and video not in sync. I don't know how to fix that problem, but I did figure out how to delete that one and created a new one. The nice thing about these videos is that they are short and reasonable to rerecord.

    ReplyDelete