Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Week 7 - Appying Technology

July 14, 2009

Today, besides learning to do an audio (with help !), I applied what we have learned in a very personal way, and I was convinced by one of our instructors to add this to my blog.

During my lunchtime, the nurses in a skilled care center where my mom is living, SKYPED me for a medical update. It was their first time to use SKYPE and they were rather jazzed! Over 2,000 miles away, I could use what I've learned to help them get the video running and we moved into the future. I think it is very progressive of them to be using this technology in a nursing home! I'm sharing this with you, as it may spark an idea or two for you EDU 255ers.

2 comments:

  1. Skype is the technology that has changed my life the most (Right behind are Mikogo, Facebook, and YouTube). I love the distant family connections, the ability to "hangout" with people via video, and calling people like my friend in Korea - which I would probably rarely-if-ever do with a telephone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Amy! That story is a great story to share with others. Now, all the nurses have to do is get your Mom in front of the camera. Right? Why not?

    ReplyDelete